.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Sunday, June 01, 2008

glorious sunday

Today we go to be measured for our wedding outfits. I've chosen to wear a sari while the PIG is going for the simplest guy outfit, which of course I cannot remember the name for. He has informed me that he will NOT be riding in on a horse and I am crushed.

Speaking of horses, we played lots of games at Dave & Buster's last night with friends J & C. One of the games we played was a horse racing game where you bred a horse, trained him and then raced him against the other folks at other monitors. It was very weird, though. C and I had no luck getting our horse to go fast enough to place in any race and we tried two different breedings, different foods and two types of training (can you tell we are both scientists?). J and the PIG had no problem whipping their horse to the finish line... The most fun was doubles air hockey and skeeball. We tried every combination of players for air hockey and each time I was part of the winning pair. However, only once was I a part of the winning team for fussball. That game is hard and we won only because J cheated and held onto our opponents' player rods.

My summer program orientation/training began yesterday. I had forgotten how good it felt to go to a place where I am accepted, loved and welcomed. I had forgotten how fun it can be to talk with others who are like me in a particular way (teaching philosophies). I had forgotten how much fun work is when you're doing it with fun people.

On that bright note, ciao for now.

2 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Choice said...

Where is your summer orientation program? Is this a new job? If not, where did the fun, welcoming people come from??? I'm confused... more than usual.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

It's the same summer program I did last year:

http://decats.org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home