.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

the emperor's new school

First day of inservice at my new school today. Well, technically inservice started yesterday, but we were still in Michigan and didn't get home until after midnight, so I missed it.

What did we do today? We spent the first hour eating breakfast tacos and chatting. We then spent another hour (more?) doing introductions and talking about staffing changes made since last spring. We met for about an hour with our grade groups (mine is the Middle School crowd), which was actually a productive and informative hour. After lunch, we spent 1 1/2 hours going over the faculty handbook and ten tons of minutia that I will never remember.

Conclusion: this place has a lot of rules and unlike my old school, I am majorly in charge of enforcing them. In fact, I get in trouble if I don't enforce the rules. I don't care for rules all that much, but then again I do believe in being fairly strict with little kids. Also, the dean of the middle school, one of my friends from DECATS, rocks.

In other news, our 3rd/4th wedding went swimmingly, it didn't rain, and I ate a LOT of cake this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home