.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

i couldn't drink another drop

In preparation for my upcoming trip to Seattle, I've been trying to drink more.  My family is familiar with this phenomenon: a few years ago I visited them before going to Seattle for New Years Eve.  They put a beer in my hand at every available opportunity and because of their hard work and perseverance, I had a lovely holiday with no lasting ill effects.

The problem is that my funds for the month are nearly depleted and I'm not one of those gals who gets drinks sent over from some fine fella at the bar.  Okay, that has happened to me but not in the recent past.  Anyway, we were finishing our first beer the other night when the Shiner people arrived.  Two busty women and a dude with many many bottles of Shiner Light and a very unpacked bar.  For a while we had fun filling out the email cards with our friends' email addresses (don't worry--they never picked up our cards and we threw them away) but mostly we set to drinking heavily.  We never even made it upstairs to see the bands that were playing.  About eleven we tottered homeward, wallets nearly as full as when we'd arrived.

The moral of the story is: when you really need some beers but you're broke, god will provide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home