.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, May 02, 2005

mood tonic

After one heck of a week, I picked up the boys on Friday and we went to see Kung Fu Hustle. I spent the first little bit of the evening just trying to relax, but when the film got going I forgot all of my troubles and cares and laughed my guts out. There were so many funny parts I can't remember or relate them all, but a few highlights were the many silly-sounding kung fu styles, e.g. Frog Style, the way the landlady always had a cigarette hanging out of her mouth, even when she was kicking someone's butt, and the outfits worn by the gang. If you're at all a fan of the kung fu genre, I recommend this movie, and remember to keep your eyes open for several homages to other movies (not all kung fu!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home