.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

me speaka su casa

I'm taking a conversational Spanish class right now. Well, not right this second, but for the next few weeks. It's a six week, non-intensive class. I've been to two classes so far and here are my impressions:

1. Native southerners have a very hard time with Spanish pronunciation. They continue to butcher anything starting with H and cannot get the vowel sounds right. Note: this is a generalization.

2. Our teacher is very funny. She could combine this class with stand-up comedy and it wouldn't be that much funnier.

3. There's a couple in the class and the woman is way better than the dude. Sort of feel sorry for the fellow.

It's fun to go and shout out Spanish for an hour and a half every week and shake my head over the fact that I cannot pronounce R's correctly, especially when they fall after a T or D. That's made up for by the fact that I know even more swears in Spanish than I did a few weeks ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home