.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

people bad...animals good

The good ex asked if I planned to blog about watching Closer. "Nope," I replied. "I think everyone else has already seen it." I'll continue with that assumption and keep my unfavorable review to myself.

What I did want to talk about today is just how weird people are. Downright mean sometimes. Usually I write it off as "oh, s/he must be having a bad day/going through a divorce/death in the family/hangnail/stayed up late making a costume for a child" or whatever. Some folks, though, are grouchy, mean, even nasty on a more regular basis. Me, for instance. I do get a bit cranky around that time of the month, specifically the Sunday afternoon before and sometimes in the midst of. Sometimes it just comes off as acerbic wit and other times I have to make cookies as penance.

More than that, though, seems a bit excessive to me. I mean, if you're going to be mean to me, why bother? I can tell you that it's really not worth the effort, because at this point I don't really care. I've got enough other things to keep me occupied, like my adorable kitten, my crazy exes and that darned leak under my sink.

1 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Oh, man. I thought when I got to the "people are weird" bit you were going to launch into the crazed ravings of your friend who became so excited over a movie trailer that she was skipping down the hallway. Good to know I am in the "normal" group. I think...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home