.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, April 21, 2005

bye bye swingset

If you've been to my house, you've seen the cheery little swingset standing forlornly in the backyard. Wait, can it be cheerful and forlorn at the same time? Anyway, the former owners are finally coming over this weekend to take it to its new house. By all accounts, its owner is eagerly awaiting its arrival. That leaves a big space open in my yard where I had planned to plant a garden or something. Now that it's so late in the season (yes, I live practically in the tropics) I'm not sure if I'll get anything going this year but perhaps a winter garden would be fun. In the meantime, I need to figure out how to combat the clay in the soil and look around for anything that I can plant that won't immediately wilt and die. I've been saving my Teas gift certificate...

2 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should get a happy little tire swing. But would you have anything to hang it off of? Off of which to hang it?

I got some catnip plants at Teas about 3 years ago and they're still going strong even though I neglect them most of the time. They're in containers, though.

Lisa

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Yeah, I'm also going to need a way to visually say to my lawn guy "hey, don't mow this stuff down!"

So, the swingset is gone but they left a lovely pile of sand. Too bad I don't have a bengal tiger needing a litter box!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home