.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

the other shoe falls

What does that saying mean, anyway? Or have I gotten it wrong? Anyway, after all of my moody moping and weeping and gnashing of teeth last week, things are starting to turn around. I got notice today that I was picked for a committee that I really wanted to be on (and it's a national committee so I can go "haha!" to the tenure people) and I made some contacts in the high school library community. Also, a committee I'm running right now had so many people volunteer for it that I am not sure I can keep them all. I believe that may be unprecedented.

In more mundane news, I went to the dentist today and had my tooth fixed. I have to go back in a few weeks to get the final fix so don't even try to tempt me and my temporary crown with anything sticky. I'm on to you, buddy!

And finally, the sad news. Last night on my way to Spanish class I accidentally ran into a pigeon. May you rest in peace, Squawky.

3 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Jane said...

Donations for a mass can be sent to Our Blessed Lady of Winged Virtue on 19th.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Now, the weird thing is that one of my friends (and a reader of this blog) also ran into a bird on the same evening. Are birds in H town on a suicide mission?

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Final (I hope) update. Last week I discovered that a 2nd librarian friend ran over a bird on the exact same evening. That makes 3. Spooky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home