.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, June 05, 2009

family weekend family

So tomorrow is my grandma's memorial service. I wish I could go but I just found out the date a couple of days ago. Sigh. I think it's funny that the notice is so dry. It should say things like how much she loved ice cream (she'd take us to the ice cream parlor in the middle of winter) and how she could whistle like a bird. I'm worried about my mom--visiting Grandma was one of the few things she had left to keep herself occupied.

Speaking of occupied, I signed my contract for next year. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, they came to their senses and renewed my contract. Sort of. Actually I will be at the same school but teaching either 6th grade science & math or 5th and
6th science. I will also have some time to work at the library.

Instead of Grandma's memorial service, I get to help my H-town family film whatever happens at their family reunion. We are hoping for some high drama. Either way, I get to hang out with friends and family both.

On Sunday, my book club meets for the first time. My book should be arriving Monday. Perfect. Oh well--I will go and meet the other members and have fun. After that we're having dinner at a friend's new restaurant. I have no idea what to expect but I hope it will be yummy.

2 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger Kim Ranger said...

I think the memorial was so dry because mom's memory seems to be on a downswing at the moment--& since I didn't call her, I will take some responsibility for the memorial not being all it could.

Gram used to tell us kids to "sharpen your elbows, ladies!" when we went to the mall--besides ice cream, she loved shopping, walking, birds, reading, eating out, traveling.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Jane said...

I am sorry to hear about your Gram. Our prayers go to your family.

The elbow sharpening comment made me laugh. It is the little things like that which make our loved ones dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home