.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Saturday, August 11, 2007

87:44

My seven mile time. Keep in mind that for the past few weeks they've said we've actually run a bit further than our planned distance, but even if we didn't, that's still a twelve and a half minute mile (according to my running buddy's fancy whatchadometer, we ran 11:50/mile). Not speedy gonzalez, but it is also August in H-town. I'm just happy that I've made it further in training already than I did last year. I guess taking a vacation and getting poison ivy right at the beginning did me no favors. This year I am even cross-training, or in other words, trying to lose some of the schlub I gained in the past year. I've given up trying to fit into old pants though and have moved on to buying a set of work pants that actually fit me now. And speaking of work, we have another week and 2 days before school starts. I'm excited about the projects we're going to do this year and the other teachers in my area are trying soooo hard to help me envision what we'll be doing and also making sure I get to team teach with them so that they can model, I can practice (their words). Apparently they want me to have an easier time than some other newbies have had. Again, I'm one lucky gal.

2 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Adela c/s said...

Yer a stud.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Har har!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home